|Reporting to:||Head, Stakeholder Management|
|Department:||Planning and Support|
The Program Management Officer (Traffic Management) is responsible for the preparation and review of Traffic Management Plan Recommendation (TMPR) necessary for the Division’s Capex – Water and Wastewater pipelaying projects in coordination with internal and external stakeholders. This is to ensure traffic and road safety during the implementation of projects considering traffic control operations, lane/road closures, detours, setting signs and devices in the TMPR, security of the work area and general protection of all workers in compliance with local and national rules and regulations.
- Prepares Traffic Management Plan Recommendation (TMPR) of the Division’s Capex Water and Wastewater pipelaying projects.
- Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders regarding initial TMPR during Capex project’s planning stage. Obtains approval of external stakeholders for the said TMPR (i.e. Traffic Management Office of LGUs, MMDA, etc.).
- Updates TMPR based on the external stakeholder’s feedback. If necessary, prepares alternate route alignment based on the end-user’s requirements and external stakeholder’s feedback.
- Ensures incorporation of the approved TMPR for a Capex project during Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) or pre-construction stage.
- Provides assistance in the review of TMPR submitted by contractors during construction stage to ensure that the contractor complies with the set requirements by the LGU, DPWH, MMDA, HOA and other external stakeholders.
- Regularly reports/updates on the status/response of stakeholders affecting the Capex projects, and advises internal stakeholders for appropriate action to resolve issues.
- Performs other duties as maybe assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
Graduate of Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Transportation Engineering or closely related field
Minimum of three (3) years experience in works related to traffic management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
Computer literate (Microsoft Office) with the ability to learn new software applications.
Duties require good professional verbal and written communication skills.
With analytical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
Knowledgeable on the applicable Philippine laws, rules, regulations and policies relevant to traffic management (i.e. Traffic Code of the Philippines – RA4136)
With strong attention to details and discretion to confidential information
High customer service orientation
With strong sense of responsibility and integrity
Must be willing to work on a flexible schedule
Results driven and proactive
Can work under pressure
WORKPLACE RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT
Computer w/ Microsoft Office
Printer/ Scanner/ Photocopier
Traffic Management Software (i.e. Vissim, Paramics, etc.)
Google Earth Software
WORKING CONDITIONS and OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS
Works in a normal office environment
Requires frequent field work
Refer to Maynilad-HIRAC list for OH
For current Maynilad employees: In addition to the application form below, please submit your Immediate Superior and Department Head’s email approval to [email protected]
Please read the General Consent Form by clicking on the Download button.Download