|Reporting to:||Head, Process and Design Engineering|
|Unit:||Technical Review and Research|
|Section:||Process and Design Engineering|
|Department:||Process and Technology Management|
- Facilitate and conduct technical design review and necessary simulation of wastewater-related CAPEX project.
- Initiate, recommend, and provide technology research and evaluation that will deliver operational efficiency and innovation in the organization.
- Lead interdepartmental collaboration in reviewing, updating, and revising of wastewater standards and specifications.
- Work with the Process Engineering unit in leading and monitoring wastewater research and development initiatives.
- Assist the Process Engineering unit in troubleshooting process and operational issues when
- Provide technical services and support to NRB (Non-Regulated Business) when needed.
- Lead linkages of academe with respect to wastewater research and development.
- Handle the research and development of WMD (Wastewater Management Division).
- Serve as Maynilad’s subject matter expert in design, development and operation of wastewater facilities.
- Drive best practices in safe operations and ensure the safety of all operations, maintenance and staff personnel.
- Puts the company’s operating procedures and policies into practice.
- Does other related tasks as may be assigned.
- Participate in the HAZOP study.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Engineering or a related field.
Must have an updated PRC license, if applicable.
Must have a basic knowledge in wastewater treatment process and engineering operation experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
Basic Wastewater Treatment Facility operation and troubleshooting
Basic Research and Development Skills
Project Management Skills
Process Improvement and Evaluation Methodologies
General knowledge on wastewater management and operations
Sampling procedures and field equipment
Principles and procedures of record keeping
Occupational hazards and standard safety practices
Pertinent laws, codes and regulations
Proficient in design, modelling and simulation software
Respond to emergency situations
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet targets and tight deadlines
Receptive to new knowledge and ideas
Customer service oriented
Diligent, dedicated to work, persistent and physically fit
WORKPLACE RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT
Simulation and Programming tools (Wastewater Treatment Process)
Microsoft Office tools
WORKING CONDITIONS and OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS
On Call during weekend and/or off-duty hours.
Required to travel to field locations
Required to perform moderate to heavy lifting and carrying; use of hands to conduct sampling, and analysis and to use a variety of equipment; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for prolonged periods of time.
Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat/cold
Work environment may include moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, airborne particles and moderate to loud noise, requiring consistent use of appropriate PPE.
For current Maynilad employees: In addition to the application form below, please submit your Immediate Superior and Department Head’s email approval to [email protected]
Please read the General Consent Form by clicking on the Download button.Download