Frequently Asked Questions
Water Efficiency Tips
Senior Citizen Discount
The owner of the property where the service connection will be installed, or his/her authorized representative, may file the application at any Maynilad Business Area (BA) office. Customers may also apply via the Maynilad Hotline (1626 for Metro Manila and 1800-1000-92837 for Cavite customers), email ([email protected]), or through the assigned Zone Specialist in their area.
Below are the initial documentary requirements upon application. Other required documents shall be determined based on the recommendation of our Maynilad representatives.
For Privately Owned properties
- Transfer Certificate of Title (“TCT”) or Deed of Sale or Contract to Sell (original and photocopy) covering the property where the water service connection will be installed
For open/ depressed communities
- Certification from the National Anti-Poverty Commission or any authorized government agency including the following:
- National Housing Authority
- Urban Poor Affairs Office (Certified True Copy)
- Social Housing Finance Corporation
- Valid Government-issued ID with three specimen signatures
- Tax Identification Number
NOTE: The water service connection (WSC) will be placed under the name of the owner. The WSC application fee is ₱8,485.14 (exclusive of Guaranty Deposit). Fees may change based on the prevailing tariff rates.
Water service connections are disconnected by Maynilad for the following reasons:
• Failure to pay on or before the due date
• Presence of illegal connection
Yes, the registered Maynilad customer may request for temporary disconnection of water service (based on reasonable grounds) at any Maynilad Business Area office. They may also submit their request via the Maynilad Hotline (1626 for Metro Manila and 1800-1000-92837 for Cavite Customers), email ([email protected]), or through the assigned Zone Specialist in their area.
If there is still an outstanding balance, the customer must first submit a proof of full payment at any Maynilad Business Area office before the temporary disconnection is implemented.
For disconnected accounts, a Request to Accept Payment (“RAP”) form will be given, which reflects the total amount to be paid inclusive of the following fees:
- Full payment of unpaid bills (includes under-collection and miscellaneous charges)
- Re-opening fee amounting to ₱257.31
If you don’t have the RAP form, you may call the Maynilad Hotline (1626 for Metro Manila and 1800-1000-92837 for Cavite Customers), or proceed to any Maynilad Business Area office, or message us on Facebook or Twitter to inquire about the amount to be paid. You may also enroll your account in the My Water Bill portal to check your monthly billings.
Upon posting of the full payment of all the required fees in our system, a reconnection Job Order will be automatically issued for the re-opening of the water service.
Yes, the Guaranty Deposit will be given to the registered Maynilad customer, as long as the account has no outstanding balance.
Please submit a request letter together with your official receipt for the processing of the Guaranty Deposit refund. All requests are subject for approval.
For Temporarily Closed water service, the reconnection fee is ₱257.31 (VAT inclusive). This is subject to regulatory price adjustment.
For Permanently Closed water service, the prevailing fees for new water service connection application shall be applied and are subject to price adjustment.
To report leaks, please call the Maynilad Hotline 1626. You may also send a message through our text line 0998-8641446 or our official social media channels.
Immediately report such incidents to the Maynilad Hotline 1626. You may also send a message through our text line 0998-8641446 or our official social media channels.
For stolen meters, please call the Maynilad Hotline 1626 within 24 hours upon discovery of the incident. Secure a police / barangay report and submit it to any Maynilad Business Area office or email it to [email protected] within 24 hours.
The replacement of stolen meter/s shall be free of charge. The replacement of meters lost for a stolen second time (or more) shall be charged to the account of the registered customer.
Among the possible reasons for abrupt increases in water billings are:
- Higher water consumption due to increase in number of users under the account
- A leak after the water meter
- Unmonitored excessive usage or consumption
- Defective water meter (Note that a defective meter may also result in under-billing)
A water bill will be computed based on average consumption in the following instances:
- The meter reader is unable to read your water meter for various reasons (e.g., the meter is obstructed or has been stolen at the time of reading).
- The meter reading is doubtful, as it may be due to a defective or tampered meter.
- The meter was determined to be defective or is suspected to be defective.
Customers may still receive a Notice of Disconnection after having paid their bill if there is a remaining unpaid amount from the previous billing or if the payment was made after the due date. You may disregard the Notice of Disconnection if full payment has been made.
There are two possible reasons why your bill still reflects an unpaid amount even after you have already settled your payment:
- You may have settled your balance after the due date.
- Your payment may have been erroneously posted to another account (check the payment receipt to see if the correct account was inputted).
To validate your payment, send us a copy of your receipt via private message on Facebook (/MayniladWater) or Twitter (@maynilad), or visit any Maynilad Business Area. You may also submit a proof of payment or receipt for validation and correction.
For payments that were erroneously posted by a collection partner, the correction must be made first in order for the payment to be posted on the correct account.
Please check this link to find out how much are the minimum charges per customer classification: https://www.maynilad.com.ph/how-to-read-your-water-bill/
If you wish to contest your water bill, you may call the Maynilad Hotline 1626, send a private message to Maynilad’s Facebook page (/MayniladWater) or Twitter account (@maynilad), visit any Maynilad Business Area office, or contact the assigned Zone Specialist in your barangay.
Note that partial payment of the contested bill must be made upon filing of the complaint. A protested bill shall be partially paid based either on the previous month’s billing, or equivalent to 50% of the amount of the bill being protested, whichever is lower.
In the event of multiple bills being protested, the partial payment should be equivalent to 30% of the total amount of protested bills or the amount of the last valid bill multiplied by the number of bills being protested, whichever is lower.
Please note that water bills are considered valid if no complaint is filed within 60 days upon the generation of the bill.
There may be a leak in your plumbing system.
To check for leaks, close all water outlets inside your property and observe your water meter. If the water meter continues to move then there may be an underground leak within your water/plumbing system. Contact a plumber who can investigate and fix the leak.
Yes, but there will be corresponding meter charges for a customer-initiated request for meter replacement. After the request is raised, Maynilad will conduct the necessary meter testing to determine if the meter has any functional issue.
Yes, you may settle your bill at any of our accredited payment channels even without the hard copy of your SOA. Please just make sure to provide the correct Contract Account Number (CAN) to avoid erroneous posting of your payment.
You may also enroll your account in the My Water Bill portal (https://mywaterbill.mayniladwater.com.ph/) so you can easily access your SOA online.
Yes, our accredited payment partners will accept your payment even if your water bill reflects a Notice of Disconnection.
Our accredited payment partners are authorized to accept your payment even if your water service has been disconnected. Please make sure to pay the full amount of the unpaid bills and the re-opening fee.
Potable water is a finite resource, so it is important to preserve it through responsible and efficient consumption. Here are some simple things we can practice daily to avoid water wastage and, at the same time, help to manage increases in our water bill.
The Republic Act 8041 prohibits any malicious acts that can injuriously affect the quantity and quality of water such as, but not limited to, the following provisions of its Implementing Rules and Regulations:
- Installing by-pass connections
- Double or more than one tapping
- Illegal change of service pipe
- Illegal change of size of service pipe
- Illegal installation of public faucet
- Illegal re-opening of water or sewer service connection
- Illegal separation of tapping of additional water service connection
- Illegal tapping to sewer manhole
- Illegal transfer of location of tapping of water or sewer service connection
- Illegal transfer of registered service to another property
- Illegal dismounting of meter
- Reversing connected meter
- Selling of water
- Tampering of service valve
- Tampering of water meter
- Unauthorized use of booster pump
- Unauthorized use of stub-out water or sewer connection
- Unauthorized water or sewer main extension
- Unauthorized or unregistered connection of water or sewer service
- Use of unregistered additional water or sewer service connection
Aside from imposing under-collection charges as penalty for violation of RA 8041, the following provisions in the Implementing Rules and Regulations shall be charged to the offender if no settlement has been made, or after the Notice of Final Demand has been served:
- Imprisonment of six months to two years and a fine not exceeding double the amount of the value of the water stolen or the value of the damaged facilities;
- If the offender is assisted in the commission of the crime by a plumber, officer or employee of the concerned water utility, the said employee, officer or plumber shall be punished by imprisonment of two years to six years.
- When the water stolen by the offender is resold or extended for profit, the offender will be punished by imprisonment of six years to 12 years.
- Permanent disconnection of water service connection and termination of water service contract.
Any senior citizen who is the registered owner of a Residential or Semi-Business Maynilad account, and whose monthly consumption does not exceed 30 cu.m., can apply for the SC discount. The customer will not be given this discount for the months when the account consumes more than 30 cu.m.
- Only one senior citizen per account can avail of the discount.
- If the account is not under the name of the senior citizen, the customer can still apply for the discount, subject for checking and approval of the Maynilad Zone Specialist. The senior citizen will start benefiting from the discount one year after the approval of the application.
For Residential and Semi-Business customers, the discount is 5% of the Basic Charge.
For the accounts listed below, the discount is 50% of the Basic Charge:
Senior Citizen Centers accredited by the Department of Social Welfare and Development
Residential care/group homes that are government-run, or organized and operated by non-profit, non-stock, domestic corporations primarily to promote the well-being of abandoned, neglected, unattached or homeless senior citizens.
The senior citizen or his/her representative should submit the following documentary requirements to the Maynilad Business Areas (BA) or Zone Specialist in charge of the account:
- Accomplished application form (the form is available at any Maynilad BA office).
- Original Senior Citizen ID (must be issued by the Office of the Senior Citizens Affairs)
- One photo copy of the Senior Citizen ID
- Maynilad Statement of Account
- Special Power of Attorney executed by the senior citizen in favor of the authorized representative (if the senior citizen cannot visit the BA).
- The discount is valid for one year or 12 months.
- If you wish to continue availing of the discount, the senior citizen or the representative must apply for the renewal two months before the expiration of the discount.